From God’s Word
- It is better to trust in the Lord, than to put confidence in any man; better to put one’s confidence in God, rather than the power of any prince.
Psalm 118:8, 9
- Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord.
- You will keep them in perfect peace, all who trust in you.
- So trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God Almighty, he himself, is the Rock eternal.
- Blessed is he who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
He is like a tree planted by the water which sends out its roots to the stream. Even when the heat comes its leaves remain green, and even in the year of drought it doesn’t fail to bear fruit.
- Don’t let your hearts be troubled. You trust in God; trust also in me. My Father’s house is spacious with many rooms. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And because I’m preparing a place for you, I will certainly come back and take you to be there with me.