From God’s Word
Sin and Wickedness
- The Lord observed just how great the wickedness of men had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was evil all the time.
- The way of the wicked leads to destruction.
- Evildoers become snared by their own sin.
- Their feet rush into sin; they are swift to shed innocent blood.
- “As if they were getting ready to draw a bow, they prepare their tongue to shoot lies, It is not by truth that they succeed, they go from one sin to another, they do not acknowledge me,” declares the Lord.
- I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins.
- As wickedness increases, the love of most will grow cold.
- I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.
- They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator.
- They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
- Perhaps when they hear, they will turn from their wicked ways; and I will forgive their wickedness and their sin.