From God’s Word
- How could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?
- The priest shall make atonement for him, for the sin he has committed, and he will be forgiven.
- Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against him.
- O Lord, I acknowledge my sin, I do not cover up my iniquity. I confess my transgressions to you. According to your promise, you have forgiven the guilt of my sin.
- Have mercy on me — according to your unfailing love.
Blot out my transgressions — according to your great compassion.
O Lord, wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.
Psalm 51:1, 2
- Fools mock at making amends for sin.
- Let the wicked forsake his ways and the unrighteous man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord who will have mercy on him, and to our God who will freely pardon.
- When John saw Jesus coming towards him, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”
- “I do not condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Now, go in peace, and leave your life of sin.”
- Accordingly, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Jesus Christ, and do not let sin reign in your body so that you obey its evil desires.
Romans 6:11, 12
- The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- God made Jesus who had no sin to be sin for us — so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21
- If someone is caught in a sin, you (who live by the Spirit) should restore that person gently.