From God’s Word
Direction in Life
- Now this is what the Lord Almighty says, “Give careful thought to your ways.”
- Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.
Psalm 37:1, 2
- For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These defile a person.
Matthew 15:19, 20
- If you love me, keep my commandments.
- I show my continual love to those who love me and keep my commandments.
- Commit your way to the Lord, trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the morning, your vindication like the noonday sun.
Psalm 37:5, 6
- Trust in the Lord and do good, and you will dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:3, 4
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5, 6
- If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God — he gives generously to all without finding fault — and guidance will be given to you.