From God’s Word
- Blessed is the one
— who does not seek counsel from the ungodly
— who does not stand in the company of sinners
— who does not sit among the scornful.Blessed is the one
— who delights in the law of the Lord, he is guided by God’s law both day and night.
He shall be like a tree planted by a river, bringing forth fruit in season, and having leaves that don’t wither. Whatever he does will prosper.
The ungodly are not so, but are like chaff which the wind blows away.
- Blessed is he who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.
He is like a tree planted by the water which sends out its roots to the stream. Even when the heat comes its leaves remain green, and even in the year of drought it doesn’t fail to bear fruit.
- Every good and perfect gift is from above, and comes from the Father.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
- Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
- Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
- Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:11, 12